Tac: 3x Quantum
Eng: 3x Your favorite armor
Sci: Countermeasure, Flow Capacitor or Stealth
Optional +1 consoles
- Aceton Assimilator can be dropped under cloak. Enemy pets and AI mobs will attack it and smash themselves to bits.
- BioNeural warhead can be launched beyond 10km.
- Barrier field generator can block pursuers.
- Isometric Charge could help clear enemy pets or break up a Fedball.
- Theta radiation vents: A nastier, OP version of Eject Warp Plasma.
- Projectile Weapons Officer for faster reloading
- Deflector Officer for more frequent Tachyon Beams
This build is minmaxed for three priorities: Shield stripping, torpedo damage and stealth. The B'rel's Enhanced Battle Cloak automatically decloaks upon firing a torpedo, giving the 15% cloak-ambush damage boost, and automatically recloaks 3 seconds after the last torpedo launch to minimize your exposure to enemy fire.
Reading the skill chart, you can see how this character was sculpted for this ship. No points in any shield or energy skill means he won't be effective flying anything else.
For equipment, I use 2 pieces of the Borg set for the hull regen and 2 pieces of KHG for the torpedo damage boost. The KHG shield also reduces the accuracy of anything that manages to hit it and sometimes breaks target-lock.
For weapons, I have a few loadouts I can swap situationally into the forward tubes.
STF crowd control
- Chroniton torpedoes and consoles
- Tac BOFF with 2x Torp Spread
- Sci BOFF with 2x Gravity Well
Masses of Chronitons are very effective at slowing Borg herds to give you plenty of time to kill them.
PvP or STF hull burn
- Plasma torpedoes and consoles
- Tac BOFF with 2x Torp Spread
Plasma torps may lack in terms of kinetic damage, but shields stop most of that anyway. Plasma sticks to the hull, stacks, and burns. This build can pile on plasma fire faster than it can be cleared for constant burning. Spreads can't be shot down, and will burn pets. Plasma DoTs can also crit.
PvP or STF spike
- Quantum torpedoes and consoles
- Tac BOFF with 2x Torp High Yield
The Predator’s defenses are speed and stealth, with a very small crunchy hull. He runs 100 power in Aux, 50 in Engines. He is always flying at impulse 24, gaining the max defense boost possible from speed.
He is so sneaky that most ships will bump against his hull and never know he is there. He never manually decloaks. His shield is never up, unless something has gone horribly wrong. This could be a snaring tractor beam, a tricobalt explosion, a dialog or a loot pickup disabling the cloak for a time. If he is ever snagged by a tractor beam, he has to break it instantly and flee out of weapons range, or die a glorious flaming death.
His torpedoes do massive damage to exposed hulls, but will also dent shields. Most players underestimate the amount of damage a torpedo salvo can do to a shield. He launches them so fast that he can have ten to twenty torpedoes in flight at a time. Fully buffed, each quantum carries about 9k kinetic damage. If any of those crit, they will tear down a shield and expose the hull to the rest of the salvo.
While the original build used a bat’leth sweep from extreme range, dodging across the 10 kalikam border for safety from enemy fire, this build strikes like a daqtagh from inside the Prey’s perceived "safe zone". Scramble Sensors makes this risky tactic viable against carriers by scrambling their pets for the duration of the attack run. The opening debuff combo strips about 5k shields from each side. Besides weakening the facing shield to his incoming torpedo salvo, this makes his team’s job easier while they attack from any direction.
A typical PvP strike is orchestrated to coordinate shield stripping with massive torpedo salvoes while minimizing Prey’s ability to target the Predator.
0. Predator is always cloaked until it strikes.
1. Activate THY3. You have 15 seconds to approach Prey within 5 kalikams before THY2 is ready.
2. Apply all Tac buffs and bring forward torpedoes to bear on Prey.
3. Scramble Sensors (auto-decloaks), Tachyon Beam 3 and Charged Particle Burst 3 from inside 5km.
4. Fire torpedoes (THY3), apply THY2 and empty the forward tubes. This initial volley into the weakened shield should be 7-12 torpedoes, depending on target speed and lucky DOFF procs.
5. Spin about and fire the aft Hargh’peng. At >3 kalikams launch the BioNeural if available. The B’rel will auto-cloak 3 seconds later.
6. Spam Aux2SIF for damage resistance, Polarize to break tractors, EngTeam to heal the hull as necessary.
7. When Tachyon(2 or 3) and THY(2 or 3) are ready, apply all buffs and bring the forward tubes to bear. Jam Sensors, Tachyon Beam and launch another full volley of torps.
8. Repeat from step 5 until CPB is ready, then repeat from step 1.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum