Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Qan Mang Fleet Forum Index -> Klingon Defence Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Binar729

re: Need D7 build advice

So I have a Fleet K'tinga and looking to do some upgrades. First, this is what I have now:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=binar729d71_0

I have some fleet credits and dilithium saved up, not much to completely kit it out but enough to get started. I would greatly appreciate your input, specifically what upgrades I should consider first that would give me the most bang for the buck.

My main goal with the build is to make it the best possible "canon" ship. From what I've seen, most have shot green disruptors but I think I've seen them shoot red beams in DS9. So I'm fine going with Disruptors and/or Anti-Proton (in fact, I'll probably do an Anti-Proton cannon build later - for now, I am sticking with green Disruptor beams). Also, I'm thinking to load this with 2 photon torpedoes - 1x fore and 1x aft. I'm not dead set that the aft torpedo is "a must", but they did shoot out their aft at V'ger. Another goal I am considering is an Aux to Batt build, I don't have one yet and I think this may be a good candidate. This would also be primarily for PVE (with option to PVP - meaning I may PVP with it despite not being PVP oriented).

As far as the disruptors are concerned, I'm working towards Elite Fleet Disruptors - but it will probably be awhile before getting these. So I'll go with what I can get my hands on. I am also considering to immediately swap out the Dual Beam Bank for a Beam Array - I think the DBB is hurting my dps - so would that be a good idea?

For the Warp Core, I am currenly using the white Mark X that came with it - so I don't know what to do here. I can certainly get a fleet core right now, just not sure which would be a good fit.

For Engineering consoles, I am looking to get these:

• Borg (got it)
  • Zero Point (just got it, swapped out the RCS)
  • Plasmonic Leech (waiting for next ship sale)
  • Nukara Particle Converter (working on it)

For Science consoles, I am thinking to get 3x Mark X Fleet Flow Capacitors [-TH] [PLA] to augment Tetryon Glider and Plasmonic Leech.

For Tactical consoles, I am considering Vulnerability Locators - but this is a bit beyond my budget at the moment and will probably be the last upgrades unless these would be a better investment now over the other stuff?

My current doffs are:

• Technician (VR)
  • Technician (R)
  • Technician (U)
  • Energy Weapons Officer - reduce beam recharge (U)
  • Warp Core Engineer - improve power (R)

For now, my current build is ok for me although I feel a little squishy and thinking of getting a different shield perhaps. So, please let me know you think and what gear would be best to work towards.

L'Jenai
Bottle0rum
Sergeant

If you're going to use aux to battery, I suggest the first item you upgrade is your warp core. I don't know if the elites are available on our spire yet, but you want to get one with the [AMP] mod on it. Ask in game and I'm sure some people will be able to link theirs.

After that I'd look into upgrading your tactical bridge officers to Rare (blue) male romulans from our embassy. Then finally upgrading your tactical consoles to locators. Unless of course you want a canon crew as well.

If you're only using beams (recommended), then go ahead and change the dual beam into a regular beam.

Also, save your energy credits and put them towards upgrading your technician doffs. While waiting for our starbase to reach tier 5 for elite disruptors, you should work towards getting the 6th doff slot for your ship as well.

One final note, change your transfer shield strength ability into Science Team. Since it doesn't rely on auxiliary power it'll be a better shield heal for you.

Krenn
Stuart (speedofheat)
Liaison General

I would also replace your eject warp plasma with RSP for better survivability

Jump to: