Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Qan Mang Fleet Forum Index -> Klingon Defence Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpt_Guthrie
Warrior

re: Finally made Major General (TAC)

5 more levels to go and K'Ching max levels. But the shard's down for maint.

p.s. I'm already STFing with my BOP and really enjoying what my Sci Boffs do for its build. Even without the B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit, the Hegh'ta Heavy Bird-of-Prey with its universal bridge stations and battle cloak (along with my set of 2 blue Plasma-disruptor Hybrid heavy dual cannons Mk X and tac consoles dedicated to cannons/disruptors/plasma beams - chrono and plasma torp launchers fore and photon mines aft - no stepping on cool down toes- and boff space sci skills of Tachyon Beam, Feedback Pulse, Tyken's Rift, Viral Matrix, Gravity Well, Photonic Shockwave and Tractor Beam Repulsors ... it's almost too cool a Klingon toy to stop playing. Guess the shard going down will keep me from being sucked in on 4 day weekends.
Quadrofonic
Sergeant

Congratulations on your promotions!

FYI, it is not necessary to mix torpedo damage types. Torpedo cooldowns changed awhile back. All torps have a global 1s cooldown, so any 4 launchers will fire in ~4 seconds.

Exceptions:
Tricobalt (including bioneural): 60s self, 30s duplicate (with other tricobalts)
Transphasic cluster torps: 45s self, 15s duplicate cooldown
Harpengh: 15s self, 10s duplicate cooldown

Congrats!

Cpt_Guthrie
Warrior

Thanks! That's why I've been outa pocket online. Focused on leveling up character and ship to be more of an asset to QM.

Forum Image
Kerr
Melawil
Warrior

Congrats, Guthrie! I love the loadout you've got going for your Hegh'ta. Mine is almost the opposite - cannons/dual beam with a single quantum torp and a focus on alpha strikes. I've participated in two-BOP attacks in Ker'rat along with a torp BOP like yours, and it's amazingly effective. I buff, decloak and fire, which usually gets a cruiser/carrier into mid-to-low hull. The torp BOP decloaks just as I'm firing and fires. At best, it gets a salvo straight into hull and finishes off the target. At worst, if the target is very tanky and gets a lucky shield recharge, the torp BOP can usually take the shields back down and get enough damage on the hull to finish it off.

Hint-hint...
Cpt_Guthrie
Warrior

Melawil wrote:
Congrats, Guthrie! I love the loadout you've got going for your Hegh'ta. Mine is almost the opposite - cannons/dual beam with a single quantum torp and a focus on alpha strikes. I've participated in two-BOP attacks in Ker'rat along with a torp BOP like yours, and it's amazingly effective. I buff, decloak and fire, which usually gets a cruiser/carrier into mid-to-low hull. The torp BOP decloaks just as I'm firing and fires. At best, it gets a salvo straight into hull and finishes off the target. At worst, if the target is very tanky and gets a lucky shield recharge, the torp BOP can usually take the shields back down and get enough damage on the hull to finish it off.

Hint-hint...

I'll be glad to 'wolf-pack' with ya. Transphasic torps are good for shield penetration and these are rapid reloads.
Kerr
Melawil
Warrior

Today is a good day (for the Feds) to die!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Qan Mang Fleet Forum Index -> Klingon Defence Force All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: